Funding is offered to enable young scientists to create and lead a team within a CNRS or Inserm structure. The ATIP - AVENIR teams will strengthen the research of the host units but will develop independently their own scientific project. The purpose is to promote mobility and attract young team leaders of high-level. Successful applicants will have to develop their projects within a structure in which they never worked before.
The ATIP - AVENIR grant is allocated for a period of three years. After evaluation, it can be extended for an additional 2 years. It is open to any young scientist not over forty, with no restriction in nationality.
● Non-tenured scientists: The applicant should hold a PhD.
● Tenured scientists: The programme is open to any scientist or university professor.
● Successful applicants will receive an annual grant of 60,000 euros;
● A two-year salary for a postdoctoral researcher will be awarded to the team;
● Non-tenured successful applicants will receive a monthly salary of 3,500 euros before tax deduction, for 3 years;
● The host laboratory will provide the team with a research area of about 50m