Mammography in Santa Fe Silver Anniversary Conference: Music, Mammograms, and Mountains 2021
Mon, 2 Aug 2021, 09:00
Fri, 6 Aug 2021, 18:00
Welcome to the most comprehensive interactive breast imaging conference in the world! This course is designed for radiologists who find themselves challenged by the new practical issues of performing successful high-quality breast imaging in a changing medical environment.
This year, we have redesigned the course tobetter meet every radiologist’s ongoing breast imaging needs:
In addition to 24 hours of didactic CME lectures by a world-class faculty, the conference offers a unique array of hands-on interactive workshops at the workstation.
FOUR GREAT WAYS TO MEET ALL THE INITIAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR MQSA, FDA, AND ACR ACCREDITATION IN MAMMOGRAPHY, BREAST MRI, TOMOSYNTHESIS, & WHOLE BREAST ULTRASOUND, ALL IN ONE CONFERENCE!
Attendees have a CHOICE of attending the didactic track encompassing all breast imaging modalities, and/or any or all of the FOUR interactive workshop tracks, all taught by a world class faculty:
- In MAMMOGRAPHY (300 unknown cases read by each attendee at the workstation) [up to 10 hours of CME]
- In MRI (Society of Breast MRI Hands-on 200 case review at the workstation) [up to 10 hours of CME], and
- In TOMOSYNTHESIS (8 hours of interactive instruction- includes 200 tomosynthesis cases to be read at the workstation).
- In WHOLE BREAST ULTRASOUND (4 Hour training course plus 4 hour prerequisite self-study prior to hands-on session)
By doing so, attendees can meet the 240 case initial recertification requirements in mammography under MQSA, meet the 100 cases MRI interpretation requirements for ACR accreditation in breast MRI, and meet the initial 8 hours of training required by FDA for interpretation of Tomosynthesis cases!
Attendees can choose to attend only the didactic track, OR can combine the didactic track with ANY OR ALL of these interactive tracks! (In order to receive the 8 hour certification in tomosynthesis, FDA requires 8 hours of prior training in digital mammography. If you do not have prior training in digital mammography, this can be fulfilled by also taking the digital mammography workshop track.)
Attendees can also choose to attend the interactive workstation-based physician-only Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound track. The extremely popular and successful hands-on workshops teaching stereotactic, ultrasound-guided, and MR needle biopsy techniques and Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound, featuring the latest equipment from a wide spectrum of vendors, will also again be offered and will be included as part of the didactic lecture track.
This year, we are honoring some of the real Legends of Breast Imaging – TABAR, STAVROS, CARDEÑOSA, NEWSTEAD, PARKER, PORTER, SCHMIDT, COMSTOCK, EKLUND, & BIRD, – who have taken breast imaging to the next level with their brilliant teaching over the past 25 years here in Santa Fe!
SPECIAL NOTICE TO THOSE WISHING TO OBTAIN THE 8 HOURS OF TRAINING IN BREAST TOMOSYNTHESIS:
This training will include interpretation of 200 tomosynthesis cases on your own at the workstation, and additional lecture material on tomosynthesis throughout the conference, for a total of 8 hours. You will be expected to record the number of tomosynthesis cases you interpret, and the amount of time spent interpreting these cases, as that time will count toward the 8 hour initial total that is required by the FDA.
By the end of this course, registrants will be able to:
- Apply new and improved skills in perception to the interpretation of screening mammograms.
- Develop strategies to counter the attacks on the performance of regular screening mammography in women beginning at age 40, especially those at high risk for breast cancer.
- Perform a more comprehensive evaluation of screening-detected abnormalities, including appropriate use of special mammographic views, ultrasound, MR, and other modalities.
- Appraise the current status of interventional breast procedures, especially core biopsy.
- Perform the techniques of stereotactic, ultrasound, and MR-guided core needle biopsy of the breast.
- Delineate the expanding role of Breast MR in everyday practice of breast imaging, including its role in screening high-risk patients, and the new role of abbreviated breast MR.
- Perform interpretation of up to 300 digital mammograms at the workstation, documented toward accreditation or re-accreditation in mammography under MQSA
- Perform interpretation of up to 200 Breast MR examinations, documented toward ACR Breast MR accreditation.
- Acquire up to 8 hours of Tomosynthesis interactive instruction, documented toward fulfilling the 8 hours required by FDA for one to perform and interpret Tomosynthesis.
- Appreciate the role of Whole Breast Ultrasound and Contrast Enhanced Mammography in breast cancer screening.
- Understand the ever-increasing role of artificial intelligence in breast imaging.
- Discern the burgeoning role of breast ultrasound as a screening and diagnostic tool.
Programme Available Online here
Registration Available Online here
Sat, 27 Mar 2021 - Mon, 8 Nov 2021
Fri, 20 Aug 2021 - Sun, 22 Aug 2021
Sun, 19 Sep 2021 - Mon, 20 Sep 2021
Sat, 25 Sep 2021 - Tue, 28 Sep 2021
Thu, 30 Sep 2021 - Sat, 2 Oct 2021