ESICM Lives 2016
October Tuesday 4th 12:30 - 14:00
Advanced tools for lung protection and nutrition : more complexity or less complications ?
Chairman: Professor Massimo Antonelli, Italy
Co-Chairman: Professor Carole Ichai, France
- Protective ventilation: when and why to individualize it ?
- Professor Salvatore Maggiore, Italy
- Indirect calorimetry to measure energy requirements: from recent consensus to daily practice
- Professor Jan Wernerman, Sweden
- Using an IT solution is key to simplify & improve nutrition for ICU patients: myth or reality?
- Doctor Beer, Austria
OPENING SESSION AND RECEPTION
The European Society of Intensive Care Medicine invites all delegates to attend the Opening Session & Welcome Reception at LIVES 2016 on Sunday 2 October at 17:00. The Opening Session features welcome speeches and expert lectures followed by a welcome cocktail and buffet in the exhibition area. The Opening Session and Reception is a unique and enjoyable occasion to listen to top experts, network with colleagues from around the world and enjoy a lovely selection of food and beverages!
The abstract submission system is now closed.
Abstract submitters will receive an e-mail confirmation immediately after submitting their abstract. If you do not receive this e-mail, please contact [email protected].
LIVES 2016 ABSTRACT AWARDS
4 Best Abstracts Awards
Presenters of the 4 best abstracts will receive an award including one free registration to LIVES 2017 (core congress and/or one precongress postgraduate course) plus travel and accommodation (up to 1.000 Euro) + the opportunity to present their highquality abstracts in our Abstract Award Winning Session on Tuesday 4 October 2016 between 09:40 and 11:00.
5 N&AHP Abstract Awards
- ESICM’s N&AHP Award (best abstract by a nurse or allied healthcare professional - all topics)
- Intensive & Critical Care Nursing Award (excellence abstract by a nurse - all topics)
- The Nutricia Medical Best N&AHP Abstract “Recovery in the Critically Ill” (excellent abstract by a nurse or allied healthcare professional – topic related to recovering / rehabilitation from critical illness) - Supported by an unrestricted research grant from Nutricia
- ESICM Free registration Award at LIVES 2017 for an excellent N&AHP Abstract (all topics)
- ESICM Free Registration Award at LIVES 2017 for an excellent N&AHP Abstract (all topics)
ISF Abstract Award
The ISF Abstract Award includes a free registration to LIVES 2017 (core congress and/or one pre-congress postgraduate course) plus travel and accommodation (up to 500 Euro). The award will be announced during the Award Winners Session held on Wednesday 5 October 2016 between 14:10 and 14:30, just before the prestigious Hot Topics Session.
BD Research Abstract Prize
Four abstracts will be selected among accepted abstracts to be entered into the Best Abstract BD Research Prize Competition.
5.000 Euro will be awarded to one of the four best abstracts during the Award Winners Session held on Wednesday 5 October 2016 between 14:10-14:30 prior to the Hot Topics Session.
Supported by an unrestricted research grant from BD.
The registration system will open in early May 2016.
The registration deadlines are as follows:
- Early registration deadline: 14 July 2016, 23:59 CET
- Standard registration deadline: 22 September 2016, 23:59 CET
- On-site registration: from 23 September 2016
Core Congress (from Sunday at 17:00 until Wednesday 16:30)
PG Courses (Saturday and/or Sunday)
NEXT Day* (Sunday)
Simulation Center (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
Special Group Registration Fees (min 10 participants)
ICU Management & Practice will be exhibiting at the ESICM LIVES 2016.
Collect the latest edition of the Journal during the event.
We will feature a cover story on The Abdomen.
Come and meet us at booth #113.
Sat, 8 Jul 2017 - Thu, 13 Jul 2017
Berlin, Berlin 14057
Thu, 27 Jul 2017 - Sun, 30 Jul 2017
Milano, Lombardia 20133
Mon, 31 Jul 2017 - Tue, 1 Aug 2017
Mon, 4 Sep 2017 - Tue, 5 Sep 2017
Malmö, Skåne County 21421
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 - Fri, 8 Sep 2017
Skåne län 215 32
Sat, 9 Sep 2017 - Wed, 13 Sep 2017
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - Sat, 16 Sep 2017
Sat, 23 Sep 2017 - Wed, 27 Sep 2017
Athina, 115 21
Sat, 23 Sep 2017 - Wed, 27 Sep 2017
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 - Sat, 30 Sep 2017