Critical Care Reviews Meeting 2018
Fri, 19 Jan 2018, 09:00
Fri, 19 Jan 2018, 03:00
Every year the Critical Care Reviews Meeting brings the chief investigators for the biggest and best critical care trials of the year to Belfast to discuss their work. The programme is put together throughout the year as these trials either near completion or are published, but we have three confirmed mega trials to open registration with:
- ADRENAL - Prof Bala Venkatesh (Brisbane) will discuss ADRENAL, ANZICS latest mega trial, investigating corticosteroids in septic shock.
- TRANSFUSE - Prof Alistair Nichol (Dublin / Melbourne) will discuss TRANSFUSE, another massive ANZICS RCT, examining the age of transfused red cells in the critically ill
- MACMAN - Dr Jean-Baptise Lascarrou (Nantes) will present the MACMAN trial, comparing direct laryngoscopy with video laryngoscopy in the ICU.
- ATHOS-3 - Dr Ashish Khanna (Cleveland) gives his perspective on the ATHOS-3 trial, evaluating angiotensin II in vasodilatory shock.
- BREATHE - Prof Gavin Perkins (Warwick) tackles the role of non-invasive ventilation to achieve liberation from invasive mechanical ventilation
- VAP-RAPID - Prof John Simpson (Newcastle) describes his trial investigating a biomarker-guided strategy for limiting antibiotics for ventilator-associated pneumonia
- ART - Prof Alexandre Cavalcanti (São Paulo) explains the ART trial, testing alveolar recruitment in ARDS
- SURVIVING SEPSIS CAMPAIGN - Prof Andrew Rhodes (London) will explore the latest version of the Surviving Sepsis Campaign, which was released in January
- JOHN HINDS TRAUMA LECTURE - Dr Sophie Wallace (Perth) delivers this honorary lecture, recalling events during a major incident on Mount Everest
The Meeting is getting increasingly popular and in 2017 sold out for the first time. If you haven't yet been, and are wondering what it's all about check out the promotional movie. In addition to the big trials, we also review the remaining major trials of the year, have talks on "how I manage..." specific conditions by these experts, and take a look at the dark arts of critical care research with some of the best trialists in the world. In addition, every delegate will receive a free copy of the "Critical Care Reviews Book 2018" summarising, critiquing and placing in context the best critical care trials of the year. If you are unluckily enough not to be able to make it, all talks will be recorded and made freely available online after the event. You can check out the previous talks here and last years book here
The Critical Care Reviews Meeting is a small, intimate event where you get the opportunity to meet the faculty, ask questions and have a beer with them. The famous "Informal Chat", held at the end of the day, guarantees this opportunity to ask some real questions and get some very interesting answers. Stay for dinner afterwards, overlooking the slipways where RMS Titanic and Olympic were built and launched. Year on year delegate feedback has been incredibly positive confirming this as one of the best meetings around. In 2017 delegates travelled from across Ireland, the UK, Europe, India, the USA and Australia. Don't wait too long before registering as numbers are limited and the meeting will sell out.
Sat, 21 Apr 2018 - Tue, 24 Apr 2018
Wed, 9 May 2018 - Fri, 11 May 2018
Milano, Lombardia 20149
Thu, 10 May 2018 - Sat, 12 May 2018
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 - Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Como, Lombardia 22100
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 - Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Scottsdale, Arizona 85253
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 - Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Coventry CV4 7AL