African Sepsis Symposium
The Critical Care Society of Kenya in conjunction with the Kenya Critical Care Nurses Chapter and the African Sepsis Alliance are pleased to invite you to a one-day African Sepsis Symposium on the 4th October 2018 at the Diani Reef Hotel in Ukunda.
The African Sepsis Alliance (ASA) is a not-for-profit organisation founded in 2016 as a collaboration of over 12 African Countries and international professional bodies, dedicated to improving outcomes from sepsis. The Kenyan Lead for the Alliance is Dr. Wangari Waweru-Siika, a consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care at the Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi and an Executive Committee Member of CCSK. The message of the ASA is simple: sepsis is the most important cause of severe illness in Africa and must be prioritised in order to save lives and reduce suffering. Every patient in Africa has a right to survive sepsis.
- Update on Sepsis in Africa: All You Need to Know About Paediatric and Adult Sepsis.
- The Paediatric Sepsis CoLab workshop organised by the University of British Columbia will run as a parallel session in the afternoon
- Increase advocacy for sepsis prevention, sepsis recognition and sepsis management among healthcare workers and policy makers locally and internationally.
- Review the work of the African Sepsis Alliance and further develop a strategy for sepsis improvement (you may be aware of the work done so far e.g. Kampala declaration https://www.africansepsisalliance.org/kampaladeclaration/
- Launch a sustainable alliance for sepsis improvement in Kenya
- Generate resources to ensure the ASA and Kenyan Sepsis Alliance is sustainable
- Build lasting and productive collaboration with partners like the WFSICCM e.g. running future joint events/conferences
Programme will soon be available here
Registration will soon be available here
Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - Thu, 22 Nov 2018
Perth, Western Australia 6000
Tue, 4 Dec 2018 - Fri, 7 Dec 2018
Tue, 4 Dec 2018 - Thu, 6 Dec 2018
Wed, 12 Dec 2018 - Sat, 15 Dec 2018
Sun, 13 Jan 2019 - Fri, 18 Jan 2019
Wed, 30 Jan 2019 - Thu, 31 Jan 2019
Thu, 7 Feb 2019 - Fri, 8 Feb 2019
Sun, 17 Feb 2019 - Wed, 20 Feb 2019
San Diego, California 92101
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 - Sun, 24 Feb 2019
Dubai, PO Box 10001
Tue, 19 Mar 2019 - Fri, 22 Mar 2019