African Sepsis Symposium
The Critical Care Society of Kenya in conjunction with the Kenya Critical Care Nurses Chapter and the African Sepsis Alliance are pleased to invite you to a one-day African Sepsis Symposium on the 4th October 2018 at the Diani Reef Hotel in Ukunda.
The African Sepsis Alliance (ASA) is a not-for-profit organisation founded in 2016 as a collaboration of over 12 African Countries and international professional bodies, dedicated to improving outcomes from sepsis. The Kenyan Lead for the Alliance is Dr. Wangari Waweru-Siika, a consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care at the Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi and an Executive Committee Member of CCSK. The message of the ASA is simple: sepsis is the most important cause of severe illness in Africa and must be prioritised in order to save lives and reduce suffering. Every patient in Africa has a right to survive sepsis.
- Update on Sepsis in Africa: All You Need to Know About Paediatric and Adult Sepsis.
- The Paediatric Sepsis CoLab workshop organised by the University of British Columbia will run as a parallel session in the afternoon
- Increase advocacy for sepsis prevention, sepsis recognition and sepsis management among healthcare workers and policy makers locally and internationally.
- Review the work of the African Sepsis Alliance and further develop a strategy for sepsis improvement (you may be aware of the work done so far e.g. Kampala declaration https://www.africansepsisalliance.org/kampaladeclaration/
- Launch a sustainable alliance for sepsis improvement in Kenya
- Generate resources to ensure the ASA and Kenyan Sepsis Alliance is sustainable
- Build lasting and productive collaboration with partners like the WFSICCM e.g. running future joint events/conferences
Programme will soon be available here
Registration will soon be available here
Thu, 27 Sep 2018 - Thu, 27 Sep 2018
Glasgow, Lanarkshire G51 4TF
Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - Sat, 13 Oct 2018
Adelaide, SA 5000
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 - Sun, 21 Oct 2018
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 - Wed, 24 Oct 2018
Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - Sat, 27 Oct 2018
Vilnius, Vilniaus apskritis 09309
Tue, 30 Oct 2018 - Sat, 3 Nov 2018
Thu, 1 Nov 2018 - Sat, 3 Nov 2018
Fri, 9 Nov 2018 - Sun, 11 Nov 2018
Leuven, Vlaanderen 3000