Africa Healthcare Extension Summit 2019
After the success of the 1st Edition of AHES, Verve Management is delighted to host the 2nd Edition Africa Healthcare Extension Summit scheduled for the 27th & 28th November 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya.
The first edition of the Africa Healthcare Extension Summit 2018 was held at Nairobi gave the attendees a chance to learn about the ideas and best practices to support projects development in upgrading, expanding & construction of hospitals across the entire continent. Bringing together 100+ attendees, the first edition of the summit was addressed by 16 leading eminent speakers, leaders and panelists from the healthcare industry across the Africa region. The second edition will include world class speakers from the healthcare industry to provide an inside access to what works today and future trends that will shape and revolutionise the healthcare sector in Africa region.
Under the patronage and supervision of Ministries of Health Zambia, Malawi, Lesotho and Zimbabwe, the summit will be attended by government officials from Ministries of Health across Africa, regulatory bodies, healthcare associations and other stakeholders is designed to discuss sustainable hospital development, regulatory framework, partnerships, local & international case studies, technology development, HR training and skillset enhancement, e-health & healthcare financing, funding & government incentives.
Key issues to be addressed at the initiative include:
- Africa’s Vision 2030 – Realising the possibilities
- Malaria Vaccine- A scientific breakthrough
- General country health policies and latest health regulations
- Universal Health Coverage (UHC) in the Sustainable Development Goals
- Innovations & Changes in cancer therapy- Implications for Africa
- Role of digital healthcare system in augmenting healthcare accessibility in Africa
- AI & Blockchain: Forecasted as major factors in healthcare
- Africa – a continent of opportunity for medical products, vaccines, infrastructures and equipment
According to WHO, African countries are expected to increase their domestic spending on health from $65bn to $115bn in the coming 10 years. The medical & healthcare industry is a sector of the economy that transforms various resources into constructed physical economic and social infrastructure necessary for socio-economic development.
Kenya has set the stage for major improvements in its healthcare sector. The nation has created a long-term development plan called Vision 2030 to transform the country into a middle-income economy. The objective of Vision 2030 in the health sector is to provide an equitable and affordable health care system of the highest possible quality.
This will be achieved through three main strategies with the following flagship projects: revitalisation of health infrastructure, strengthening health service delivery, and developing equitable financing mechanisms. Vision 2030 is implemented through Medium Term Plans (MTPs) which specifies the development focus for the Government in a 5-year period.
Key drivers fuelling growth:
- Regulatory Framework: New regulations have been passed
- Healthcare service investments: Integrated health facilities have been launched
- Pharmaceutical investments: Drug manufacturers like AstraZeneca, Merck KGaA, and Astellas have launched long-term health programs
- Medical equipment investments: GE Healthcare along with GoK have provided
- USD 250 million worth of medical equipment while Guided Therapeutics has won a local contract to supply and install cancer screening equipment
- Healthcare ICT: Kenya Medical Supplies Association (KEMSA) has adopted a mobile based medicine tracking system
Programme available online here
Registration available online here
Sat, 28 Dec 2019 - Sun, 29 Dec 2019
Bantry Bay, Africa 8001
Wed, 15 Jan 2020 - Fri, 17 Jan 2020
Sat, 18 Jan 2020 - Wed, 22 Jan 2020
San Diego, California 92101
Wed, 29 Jan 2020 - Fri, 31 Jan 2020
Amsterdam, NL-1011 JV
Wed, 29 Jan 2020 - Thu, 30 Jan 2020
Wed, 5 Feb 2020 - Thu, 6 Feb 2020
Thu, 6 Feb 2020 - Sat, 8 Feb 2020
Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen 40474
Thu, 13 Feb 2020 - Sat, 15 Feb 2020
United Arab Emirates
Mon, 17 Feb 2020 - Thu, 20 Feb 2020
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815