Hawaii Heart: Echocardiography & Multimodality Imaging 2023
This course will review the technical issues of echocardiography as well as CT, MRI, PET, and nuclear imaging as they pertain to cardiovascular disorders. An expert faculty will discuss the relevant advances in techniques and the limitations of each modality. Lectures will provide a comprehensive state-of-the-art update of the clinical uses of various imaging modalities in the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of common cardiovascular diseases. A clinical case-based format will be used to highlight practice dilemmas and key management strategies.
To reinforce the knowledge gained from the course and ensure lasting value to each attendee’s practice, Mayo Clinic provides access to all course presentations with voice-over recordings after the completion of the course.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Utilize diagnostic and clinical decision-making skills in the care of cardiovascular patients using multimodality cardiac imaging;
- Identify appropriate use of imaging in diagnosing and managing valvular heart disease;
- Summarize diagnostic features of stress testing using a variety of imaging modalities including echocardiography, sestamibi, PET, and MRI in the diagnosis and management of patients with coronary artery disease;
- Review current strategies in assessment and management of patients with heart failure, pericardial diseases, aortic disorders, and adult congenital heart disease; and,
- Describe how to evaluate and manage patients with cardiac masses and systemic disorders.
The intended audience includes cardiologists, radiologists, cardiac anesthesiologists, general internists, internal medicine subspecialists, sonographers, and other primary healthcare providers.
Mon, 30 Jan 2023 - Tue, 31 Jan 2023
Mon, 30 Jan 2023 - Fri, 3 Feb 2023
Mon, 20 Feb 2023 - Tue, 21 Feb 2023
Thu, 18 May 2023 - Fri, 19 May 2023